Did you know that more than one billion people in South and East Asia lack access to a bank account? For many, this makes it difficult to secure loans and other services, because they don't have traditional financial records like credit scores.
Jeff is a financial super app that measures creditworthiness using alternative data. Our goal is to unlock financial services for the underbanked across Southeast Asia - and eventually globally.
Launched in Vietnam as its first market in 2020, Jeff App has quickly grown into an almost 40 people team across 7 countries. We've also raised $3m in seed-stage investments and expanded to 3 ASEAN markets (and counting). More than 3M people have been serviced and more than 30M products have been compared - and we've just begun!
But we can't do this alone.
As our team grows, we're looking for a Head of Data and BI, to lead our data team and improve our business decision-making.
If you're looking for a challenge and the opportunity to participate in building an exciting, global product, then this role is for you!
- Drive data-driven decision-making by optimizing data processes and identifying key success metrics in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Develop and maintain a data infrastructure that supports the business needs, including data warehousing, ETL processes, reporting tools, and ML platforms
- Lead a team of data analysts, scientists, and engineers, providing mentorship, coaching, and professional development opportunities
- Work with large-scale datasets to extract valuable insights that will inform business strategy and drive growth
- Develop and maintain a data infrastructure that supports the business's needs, including data warehousing, ETL processes, reporting tools, and ML platforms
- Lead a team of data analysts, scientists, and engineers providing mentorship, coaching, and professional development opportunities
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to develop data-driven features, experiments, and products
- Create and maintain a culture of data-driven decision-making, ensuring that all stakeholders are equipped with the information they need to make informed decisions
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of data processes and make improvements as necessary
- 3+ years of experience using SQL
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis using data visualization software (Looker, Tableau, etc)
- Experience with advanced data modeling and model deployment
- Experience in leading a team & cross-department cooperation
As well as:
- A “can do” attitude and growth mindset
- A data-driven mindset and the ability to present and clearly articulate summarized data analysis results
- Independent curiosity and critical thinking; a history of taking initiative and questioning assumptions
- A strong sense of ownership
It would also be a significant advantage, if you have:
- Experience with behavior and event data (GA4, Snowplow, Segment, Mixpanel, etc)
- Detail-oriented, organized, and precise
- Proactive and self-driven - you have a history of taking initiative
- Curious and a critical thinker - you can question assumptions and challenge yourself and others
- Growth-oriented - you understand the importance of continuous improvement and self-education
- Someone who feels great in a dynamic, results-oriented environment that advocates open and honest communication
- Someone who has fun working and is fun to work with!
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary based on the local market
- A generous vacation policy that includes annual vacation, national holidays, and various additional days off
- A comfortable and spacious office in Riga, Latvia
- A hybrid approach to work - spend 2 days at home per week after probation
- An international team - a mix of different cultures and experiences to learn from
- Team building events, both remotely and in-office
- Work laptop and any other equipment you need to succeed
- High energy - as a growing startup, no day is the same and there's always something new to learn and do
- Unlimited growth - as the company grows, you grow with us! 🚀